Foods to Buff Your Immune System
With COVID still circulating and flu season approaching, it’s a good idea to keep our immune system in tip-top shape so our immune defenses are as prepared as possible.
It goes without saying that a good diet is essential for a healthy immune system. Undernutrition is one of the biggest causes of immune deficiency — without macronutrients such as protein and healthy fat, it is difficult for our immune cells to fight off infections.
Below, we’ve prepared some of the best flu fighting foods and what they contribute to your immune system.
An antioxidant and fights free radicals in the body, which in return helps with reducing inflammation and contributes to your immune defenses.
Some of the best natural sources of Vitamin C include:
- Bell peppers
A mineral that promotes wound healing and can help shorten the length of colds by activating enzymes that break down proteins in bacteria and viruses.
Some of the best natural sources of Zinc include:
- Pumpkin Seeds
An anti-inflammatory vitamin that aids in cell growth and helps spurn on the cells in the immune system.
Some of the best natural sources of Vitamin A include:
Release protective substances that also spur on the immune system while inhibiting bacteria and viruses from growing.
Some of the best natural sources of Probiotics include:
An antioxidant that widens blood vessels to keep blood clots from occurring and aids in the growth of T-cells in the body that aid in immune system function.
Some of the best natural sources of Vitamin E include:
- Olive Oil
Necessary for your body to repair tissue and produce antibodies to fight off viruses and bacteria.
Some of the best natural sources of Protein include:
- Chicken Breast
Immune Boosting Supplements
At Pro Formulations MD, we believe that diet and exercise are the primary shapers of your overall health. However, professionally formulated supplements can help encourage your body's system to achieve your needs.
Aside from Glucan Elite, we have a variety of supplements that aid the immune system including:
- Powdered drink form with the convenience of 4-6 capsules’ serving size in one while increasing your daily water intake
- Contains 1,500mg of Vitamin C and 11mg of Zinc per serving
- Formulated with Elderberries, a superfood with powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties
- Contains 1,000mg of Eldermune and 65g of pure elderberry fruit in 1g of elderberry concentrate used in Eldermune
- A dairy-free blend of prebiotic and probiotics
- Contains 20 Billion CFU of probiotics and 600mg of prebiotics
- Formulated with 8 different scientifically-proven mushroom extracts